Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Chocolate covered pretzels are classic holiday treat that are fun and easy to make at home! It’s great for gifting purpose, and great to serve as party snacks.
Servings: 50 pretzels
- 25 mini pretzel twists and/or 25 pretzel rods
- 16 oz candy coating Ghirardelli or Candiquik
- Sprinkles Holiday sprinkles, toasted and crushed nuts, crushed peppermint candy, crystal sugar
Dipping Pretzels –
Dip pretzels one at a time. Remove dipped pretzels from chocolate using a fork or three pronged tool. Let the excess drip off before laying chocolate dipped pretzels on to baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
For dipping pretzel rods (or sticks), use a tall glass. Wither melt chocolate in microwave safe tall glass or transfer melted chocolate to tall glass. Dip pretzel rod half way into the melted chocolate. Keep turning the pretzel stick to coat it completely and evenly on all sides.
Tap rod against glass to drip off excess chocolate and lay it on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Sprinkle Topping -
Whatever topping you want to use, sprinkle the topping over dipped pretzels immediately. Sprinkles will stick to pretzels while it’s wet. You want to work faster here.
Pro-Tip : DO NOT dip chocolate dipped pretzels in topping. This will mess up the chocolate coating. Sprinkle the topping.
Let it Set -
Now the hardest part, wait until the chocolate coating sets on pretzels. Let the pretzels harden at room temperature. You can even place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
Pack it for gifting in cute boxes or gift bags or store in air tight containers. It will last for a little more than 2 weeks.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Candy melts are easy to work with. They melt smooth and perfect for coating.
- Pretzels knots, pretzel rods is our choice. You could use pretzel nuggets too.
- DO NOT dip chocolate dipped pretzels in topping. This will mess up the chocolate coating. Sprinkle the topping.
- If you don’t like candy toppings, use toasted and crushed nuts or other crushed candies like peppermint or Halloween candies.
- We do NOT recommend you to freeze chocolate covered pretzels. It looses it texture and go stale if frozen. It’s best to store chocolate dipped pretzels at room temperature.
Calories: 56kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Iron: 1mg