📋Thai Vegan Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Thai vegan pumpkin soup recipe is hearty and comforting one pot soups that is light, satisfying and so delicious! Made with coconut milk it's vegan and packed with big flavors!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 pounds pumpkin skin and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ inch fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon vegan Thai red curry paste (store bought or homemade)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock use low sodium stock
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Juice of half lime optional
- Fresh red chilies
- Coconut milk
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges
How to cut pumpkin
Cut whole pumpkin into half.
Cut each half into 2.5 inches slices.
Scrape off the seeds using a spoon. Cut the skin off.
Cut pumpkin into 3 centimeter chunks.
Make vegan pumpkin soup with curry flavors
Heat olive oil in large sauce pan. Add sliced onions, cook until translucent.
Add ginger and garlic sauté cook for a minute.
Add red Thai paste stirring constantly cook further 1 minute.
Add chunks of pumpkin (or pumpkin puree for short cut method). Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour stock bring it to boil, uncovered, then reduce heat and let it simmer cook rapidly for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
Add salt and pepper to taste.Pour coconut milk, stir and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
Blend the soup using immersion blender until smooth.
Stir in lime juice.
Pour hot soup into serving bowls. Swirl in coconut milk, sprinkle coriander leaves and fresh red chilies.
Serve immediately with crusty bread to dunk in. Bread is NOT OPTIONAL! Vegan pumpkin curry soup is best enjoyed with crusty bread.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Pumpkin - use sugar pumpkin or other types of eating pumpkin. Jack-O-Lantern won't taste good in this soup.
- No time to chop pumpkin? use canned pumpkin puree. Both homemade pumpkin puree. or canned stuff will work.
- Thai Red Curry Paste - It's a vegan pumpkin soup, so you must use vegan Thai curry paste. If you don't care about vegan soup, feel free to use regular Thai red curry paste (most Thai curry paste has fish sauce or shrimp paste in it).
- Adjust amount of curry paste to be added to the soup to suit your taste buds. You can make it spicy as you want or mild as you prefer!
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 365mg | Potassium: 316mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 10519IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 3mg