Thai Vegan Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Thai vegan pumpkin soup recipe is hearty and comforting one pot soups that is light, satisfying and so delicious! Made with coconut milk it's vegan and packed with big flavors!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 small white onion
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red paste vegan paste, we used store bought
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 ½ to 2 cups vegetable stock adjust depending on the consistency you like
- Salt to taste
- Juice of half lime
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh red chilies
- Coconut milk
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges
Heat olive oil in large sauce pan. Add finely chopped onions and sauté until soft. Add ginger and garlic pieces and sauté for a minute. Add red Thai paste and cook further 1 minute. Add pumpkin puree and stir. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes with constant stirring.
Add vegetable sauce and bring it to boil. Simmer and let it bubble for next 25 minutes.
Add salt and pepper powder according to taste.
Add coconut milk, stir and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
Blend the soup until it's consistency is smooth.
Pour it back into the same sauce pan and bring it to boil again. Skip this step if using stick blender.
Stir in lime juice.
Pour hot soup into serving bowls. Swirl in coconut milk, sprinkle coriander leaves and fresh red chilies. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Pumpkin Puree - While you can certainly use canned pumpkin puree, we recommend you to use homemade pumpkin puree. It's fresh, full of pumpkin flavors and so much more better and cheaper than canned stuff!
- Thai Red Curry Paste - This recipe for pumpkin soup calls for vegan Thai curry paste. If you don't care about vegan soup, feel free to use regular Thai red curry paste.
- Adjust curry paste measure to suit your taste buds. You can make it spicy as you want or mild as you prefer!
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 365mg | Potassium: 316mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 10519IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 3mg