Creamy Chipotle Chicken Recipe
This spicy and creamy chipotle chicken recipe is insanely delicious and easy to make on your busy day. You need 30 minutes to bring this chicken dinner to table. Chipotle peppers adodo sauce adds wonderful smoky flavor to the dish.
Servings: 3 people
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced fine
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2-3 number of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce adjust number of peppers and adobo sauce quantity as per personal spice preference
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 3 oz cream cheese you can substitute cream cheese with heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken stock can use water
- 3 tablespoon Greek yogurt you can substitute Greek yogurt with plain thick curd
Prepping and Searing Chicken
Rinse chicken breasts well and pat dry with paper towel.
Season chicken breasts with salt and ground pepper to taste on both sides. Rub it to spread evenly.
Heat a shallow pan with 2 tablespoon olive oil.
Place chicken breasts on the pan and sear it on one side for about 4-5 minutes. Turn over and sear on other side for 4 minutes.
Remove seared chicken from pan onto a plate. Cover the aluminium foil and keep aside.
Into the same pan add remaining 2 tablespoon oil.
Add finely diced onions and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes or until onions turn translucent.
Add finely minced garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
Using a clean dry spoon, remove 1 or 2 chipotle peppers from the jar along with 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce. Add cream cheese, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce into a blender. Carefully blend to get smooth sauce consistency. Add cream cheese hot sauce and chicken stock into the pan. Whisk and stir to make a smooth consistency sauce.Pro – Tip : If you add cream cheese directly into the pan, you will have lumping problem. We strongly recommend you to blend cream cheese and chipotle peppers into blender for a smooth consistency sauce.Note : In step-by-step pic you’ll notice cream cheese added directly to the pan, that was done on a hurried mistake. Soon as the cream cheese was dropped into the pan and I clicked the photo, I scooped out most of the cream cheese and chipotle pepper hot sauce mix into blender, pulsed it a couple of times and poured it back into the pan to make a smooth consistency sauce. That’s what you see in the next step.Sorry for the confusion in the photo!
Reduce heat to low flame. Let the sauce come to gentle boil.
Serve It Up
Serve creamy chipotle chicken recipe over a bed of steamed rice. Sprinkle few chopped coriander leaves for garnish. Serve immediately. It tastes best when served immediately hot.
You can chop chicken into pieces and serve it along with the sauce over boiled pasta like linguine or fettuccine.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Chicken : This recipe calls for chicken breasts. You can use boneless chicken thighs in place of breasts. We have used whole chicken breasts, and served it that way. Chop chicken into pieces before serving if you prefer.
- For Richer Sauce : Cream cheese adds richness to the dish making it a rich creamy chipotle chicken dish. This was just perfect for us. If you need much richer sauce use butter in place of olive oil and add heavy cream in the last in place of Greek yogurt. But keep in mind, doing that your sauce is going to be very very rich.
- Adjust Heat : 2 chipotle peppers and sauce mentioned in the dish works perfectly for my family in terms of heat. And the heat is reduced by adding cream cheese and yogurt. So I would say spice levels are tolerable. Still if you think it's going to be too spicy, please adjust depending on your heat tolerance levels.
- How to Add Cream Cheese : If you add cream cheese directly into the pan, you will have lumping problem. We strongly recommend you to blend cream cheese and chipotle peppers into blender for a smooth consistency sauce.
- Avoiding Lumping Problem : Any diary ingredient will curdle and form lumps if cooked on high heat. Make sure to reduce heat to low and add cream cheese. Greek yogurt to be added only at the end, after removing pan from heat.
Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 178mg | Sodium: 545mg | Potassium: 1012mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 950IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1.5mg