Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
Transform cauliflower into sensational cheesy cauliflower breadsticks made of cauliflower crust. It’s low-carb, gluten-free and healthier alternative to regular breadsticks. Best served with spicy marinara sauce.
Servings: 5 people
- 1 head Cauliflower a large head about 3 lbs
- 4 Eggs
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon pepper adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoon oregano or mixed Italian seasoning
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated - optional
For Topping –
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 3 tablespoon cheddar cheese – optional
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Cook Cauliflower Rice -
First in microwave safe bowl, cook cauliflower rice for 10 minutes. Let it cool.
If you don’t have microwave, cook cauliflower rice on stove top on very low heat for few minutes, ensuring you do not brown cauliflower rice.
Cauliflower Breadstick Dough –
To dry cauliflower mix, add minced garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, eggs and cheese (2 cups mozzarella and ½ cup cheddar). Mix until everything comes together.
Shape and Bake –
Separate the mixture into equal portion depending on how big or how small breadsticks(or cauliflower pizza base) you prefer to make. Form a rectangle of approximately 9” x 7” using hands. Press down the dough to form even level rectangular shape and using a rubber spatula straight the edges.
Bake in pre-heated oven at 450 F for about 18 to 25 minutes or until you begin to see golden brown top on cauliflower breadsticks.
Remove from oven once it begins to brown. Then sprinkle some more mozzarella and cheddar(if you prefer). Sprinkle some oregano as well. Place it back in oven and bake for another 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
Note – You can broil once cheese melts for 5 minutes to get golden brown top.
Slice it up into rectangle sticks and serve immediately with marinara sauce for best experience.
You can also freeze the breadsticks tightly wrapped in plastic, for up to 1 month. Thaw on a counter or in a microwave.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- If you don’t have microwave, cook cauliflower rice on stove top on very low heat for few minutes, ensuring you do not brown cauliflower rice.
- I highly recommend you wring out all the liquids out by placing microwave and cooled riced cauliflower in kitchen towel, squeeze and twist all the liquids out. Any liquid left will make shaping of breadsticks extremely hard.
- You can also freeze the breadsticks tightly wrapped in plastic, for up to 1 month. Thaw on a counter or in a microwave.
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 217mg | Sodium: 1168mg | Potassium: 530mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 995IU | Vitamin C: 56.5mg | Calcium: 662mg | Iron: 2.7mg