Baked Potato Roses
Baked potato roses are ultimate party starter or simply the most gorgeous potato side dish for your every-day-meal plan! Look no further for an vegan and healthy appetizer that will surely impress your guests!
Servings: 4 people
- 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic granules or powder
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
Wash and peel potatoes. Slice them using a mandolin slicer. Keep aside.
Whisk together olive oil, salt, pepper powder, garlic granules, dried thyme, dried oregano. Keep aside.
Arrange about 15 potato slices over lapping one another. Brush olive oil mix over the top.
Roll carefully holding on to all the slices to get a beautiful rose. (make a rose size that fits in your cup cake mold)
Place these on a greased cup cake mold.
Bake in pre heated oven at 200 degree centigrade for about 30 to 35 minutes. The edges should turn brown and crisp, and potatoes cooked through well.
Remove from oven and serve immediately with any dipping sauce of your choice.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Don't care too much about vegan options? Then I suggest you to use butter in place of olive oil, for a richer tasting potato roses. Potatoes and butter - the best combination ever, and who can deny it!
- Add a pinch of smoked paprika or cayenne pepper to add kick to the dish.
- Seasoning potatoes generously in the key.
- Line your baking tray with muffin liners if you don't want to messy tray to clean.
Calories: 917kcal | Carbohydrates: 94g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 55g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 3563mg | Potassium: 2990mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 1390IU | Vitamin C: 80.8mg | Calcium: 306mg | Iron: 26.9mg