Easy Greek Pasta Salad
Summer backyard BBQ or picnic potluck this easy Greek pasta salad is all you need. Light, fresh, delicious, easy to make and healthy. All this and simple pasta salad vinaigrette to drizzle that lifts up the flavors. The perfect recipe for your BBQ or potluck party.
Servings: 4 people
- 8 oz fusilli bucati pasta or rotini, farfalle, penne
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 English cucumber seeded and diced
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup FETA cheese (use good quality cheese) cut into cubes
- ½ cup Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper or to taste
For red wine vinaigrette
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil use good quality oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano (or) 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Cook pasta –
fill a large pot with water seasoned with little salt and bring it to boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the penne, and return to the boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 9 1/2 minutes (for bucati). Drain pasta and let it cool. (DO NOT OVER COOK PASTA)
Prep vegetables –
while pasta cooks chop all vegetables.
Whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano. Set aside.
Combine pasta, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, olives and feta cheese in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over the pasta and mix together. Cover and chill for 3 hours before serving.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Pastas small in shapes works best. Like penne, farfalle, fusilli, tortellini or Orzo.
- Your pasta salad is only that delicious as your ingredients. Use fresh vegetables.
- Do not use pre-crumbled feta. Buy good quality block feta and crumble or cut it just when you want to use it.
- If storing for more than day, make sure to finish this pasta salad within 4 days. Feta cheese will begin to taste weird if the salad sits in fridge for longer.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 693kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 985mg | Potassium: 413mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 528IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 3mg