Garlic Shrimp Pasta in Creamy Sauce
Garlic shrimp pasta in creamy sauce is the perfect quick and easy meal that is on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes! It’s creamy but not ridiculously heavy! It’s light, delicious and those shrimps coated in white creamy sauce are the very best!
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 lb shrimp (500 grams) (cleaned and de-veined)
- ¾ lb pasta (fettuccini pasta)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes (soaked in olive oil for few hours and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon or more pepper powder
- ¾ cup fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt to taste
Cook pasta as per packet instructions. Cook pasta al dente. Do not overcook the noodles. I got 2 cups of cooked pasta.
Clean and de vein shrimp. Wash them clean in running water for 2 to 3 times. Add 1 teaspoon pepper powder and ½ teaspoon salt to the prawns. Mix well. Set aside.
Melt butter in a pan. Add olive oil to melted butter. And immediately minced garlic. Saute till raw smell of the garlic goes off.
Simultaneously heat cream in another pan. Do not boil. Once cream turns hot, add 3 tablespoon of parmesan cheese and whisk well. Remove from flame immediately.
Now add finely chopped onions and sauté till onions turn translucent. Add sun dried tomatoes and mix well. Add shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes or until prawns is just cooked.
Add pepper powder and salt to taste. Mix well. Add cream-cheese mix, and give it a good stir.
Add the cooked pasta, toss well. Add oregano, toss. Remove from flame and serve immediately.
- If you can roll out fresh pasta then nothing beats this dish, really! Use fresh homemade pasta if you can. I wish to own a pasta machine one day and try my hands on homemade pasta.
- I recommend using fresh shrimp again for this recipe. Nobody can deny that using fresh ingredients always gives better taste and flavour to the dish.
- Once pasta is mixed in the creamy white sauce, a touch of grated Parmesan never hurt anyone! I avoided it cause I wanted to keep it light and healthy!
Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 284mg | Sodium: 751mg | Potassium: 406mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1031IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 3mg