Baked Parmesan Crisps
These baked Parmesan crisps are the easiest low-carb snack you’ll ever make. All you need is one ingredient, 5 minutes prep and 5 minutes in the oven. Delicious, gluten-free, KETO friendly and low carb!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Servings: 15 crisps
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon pepper optional
Pre-heat oven at 375 degree F. Line baking tray with parchment paper or silicon mat.
Using a small grater hole, grate Parmesan cheese.
Scoop tablespoon of grated cheese on to baking tray. Continue placing little uniform mounds of cheese with few inches apart. Pat each mound to flatten into circle.
Crack little pepper on each circle.
Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 degree F for about 5 to 7 minutes, until it begins to turn brown on the edges.
Watch very closely, as they can burn fast if left even for few extra seconds in the oven.
Remove crisps from the oven. Let it sit in the pan for a minute. Carefully remove the crisps using thin spatula.
These are best served hot, fresh out of oven. They will be crispier. Serve with any sauce of your choice as an appetizer or add it to your salads or soups.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Nutrition values mentioned below are for single crisps.
- ALWAYS use BEST quality Parmesan cheese blocks over pre-grated cheese packed in plastics. Pre-grated cheese may have fillers and additives which are not great for making crisps.
- Use small grater hole in the grater to grate Parmesan cheese. Fine grated cheese works best when melted giving a beautiful lattice pattern when cheese melts.
- Use silicon mat or parchment paper to prevent crisps from sticking to baking tray. No need to spray parchment paper with oil, as cheese once melts will be greasy enough.
- Place cheese scoops a few inches apart, as they will spread when cheese melts.
- If adding spices, add spices to grated cheese mix it to combine. Then scoop out cheese onto to baking tray.
- Keep the size of the piles small and don’t layer the cheese too thick. It won’t turn crispy.
- Baking time will vary depending on the size.
- Parmesan crisps come out crispier and saltier. Do not add any extra salt as Parmesan is naturally very salty.
Calories: 26kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 6mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1mg