Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Tenders will blow your mind and taste buds. We are talking about super crispy chicken tenders with addictive Parmesan coating to it and they are BAKED! It tastes just like fried chicken but only baked! Now that’s great news isn’t it, your guilt wont kick in and your waist lines are going to be happy.
Prep Time12 mins
Cook Time18 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large chicken breast cut into thin strips/fingers
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for spraying
- 2/3 cup Panko crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 ½ tablespoon flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350F.
Toast panko bread crumbs in oven for 4 minutes by spreading it on a lightly greased baking tray. Once the crumbs begin to turn golden brown remove it and let it cool completely.
Scrape toasted panko into a large bowl or wide bowl. Mix grated Parmesan and little flour to it. Mix well.
Into another wide bowl break an egg, add mayo, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix into lump free coating.
Make a butterfly cut on chicken breasts but separating into two pieces. Cut thin strips or fingers out of each piece.
Dip chicken strips in batter, left with right hand and place it in bread crumbs, use your left hand while working with dry coating. Sprinkle enough bread crumb coating on both sides and press tightly to ensure chicken is coated well. Lift and place on wired messed lined above a sheet pan.
Preheat oven to 350 F, bake for 18 to 20 minutes turning it once mid way during the bake time.
Serve as a dip-able finger food along with dipping sauce like marinara sauce, ranch, or honey mustard dip. It’s great to be served along with creaser’s salad or any salad), pasta or rice for your quick weeknight dinner.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Every oven have slight heat differences and chicken pieces used may be larger or smaller, it’s important to- Keep an eye on your chicken to make sure it’s baked to perfection (no raw pink meat inside, no over cooking chicken to rubbery textures!)
- Regular breadcrumbs will not give you crispier golden outer. Use only panko bread crumbs. Roasting panko breadcrumbs in oven before crusting it over chicken pieces helps with even browning all over the chicken - an useful tip I learnt from recipetineats.
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese is best. If you want to substitute Parmesan cheese - use either freshly grated extra sharp yellow Cheddar cheese or Asiago cheese.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 442mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 1.3mg