Cheesy Garlic and Herb Pull Apart Bread
Cheese and herbs savory monkey bread is going to steal your heart away! The cheesy stuffed little bread balls are such a delight, you won’t just stop pulling one
Prep Time2 hrs
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time2 hrs 30 mins
Servings: 3 people
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup luke warm water
- 1 - 2 cups cheddar cheese (you may use any cheese of your choice)
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs like rosemary, sage and thyme
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup Parmesan
In a bowl mix together flour, salt, sugar, oil and yeast.
Add water to make slightly sticky dough.
Transfer to the counter and knead it for 10 minutes until soft and elastic.
Grease a bowl, oil the surface of the dough in oil and place the dough covered in damp cloth in fridge overnight.
Next morning remove the dough from fridge, bring it to room temperature and let the dough proof for an hour or two until it rises double.
Punch down the dough and take it back to the counter and knead for a minute.
Divide dough into small equal sized portions. Roll each portion into small balls.
Grease a oven proof bunt pan with butter, then coat it with flour all over evenly.
Whisk minced garlic in butter. Dip a ball in melted butter, then roll it in finely chopped fresh herbs, place it in the bunt pan.
Next take a half portion of both cheese, mix and stuff it in the center of a ball. Cover and roll it well so cheese is covered inside. Then dip in rolled balls in melted butter-garlic mix and coat the outside with grated cheese (you can mix both cheese together or keep them separate and coat individual balls with each type of cheese). Place this ball next to the herbed bread balls, alternatively.
Roll another set of balls, dip it in butter and leave it plain. Place this next to the cheesy bread ball. Repeat this process for the dough. Stack a few layers depending on the size of the bread balls and the size of your bunt pan.
Take a bowl big enough when inverted won’t touch the edges of the bundt pan and covers it completely. Invert that bowl over the bundt pan and let the bread balls proof again.
Meanwhile pre heat the oven at 350 degree F.
Once the dough has risen, bake it in pre heated oven for about 20 – 30 minutes until the outside of the bread start to turn golden brown. Brush with milk the top of the bun to get evenly browned bread.
Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Invert the pan and tap the bottom of the bundt pan to release the bread. Transfer the bread to serving place and serve it immediately while it's still warm.
- The prep time is calculated based on making bread dough from scratch. This time won't apply if you are using ready made crescent rolls or refrigerated biscuit dough.
- Use any cheese like of your choice.
- You can make multiple layers of the bread by placing the bread rolls on one top of the over. By making smaller balls than what is shown in picture.
- If you do not like the strong flavor of any of the herbs, leave that out. But make sure you add at least one of your favorite herb.
Calories: 701kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 976mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 930IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 329mg | Iron: 4.8mg