Homemade Naan Recipe Without Yeast
Homemade naan recipe is Indian flatbread that is usually cooked in a tandoor oven( cylindrical clay oven). Make restaurant style naan at home on stove, that tastes and looks absolutely delicious!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup curd (thick yogurt)
- Ghee (clarified butter)
- Kalonji seeds(Nigella seeds)/Dried fenugreek leaves(kasuri methi) / Coriander leaves
In a bowl add flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, oil and mix well.
Make a well in the center and all curd and knead into smooth dough. Add water if needed. The dough will be soft and sticky. Do not be tempted to add more flour. Rub oil all over the dough, cover and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
Divide the dough into 6-8 equal parts. Dust a little flour if needed to roll and press the dough.
Rub water over the rolled dough on both sides, and if you prefer to add any toppings you will sprinkle it now.
Place the rolled dough over a hot tawa with the side sprinkled on top facing up. Cover and cook for about a minute on medium low flame. Then turn it over and cook on other side for another 30 seconds.
Once done remove from tawa and rub with ghee. Repeat with rest of the dough.
Nutrition mentioned below is for one single naan bread. Depending on the size of naan bread, the calculation can vary. Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- You need to have soft pliable dough, add few teaspoon of plain flour is dough is sticky and hard to work with.
- If you prefer to use all wheat flour, remember naan won't turn out soft as pillow-y as expected.
- You can sprinkle any topping of your choice. Other option is run crushed garlic over the naan when it is still on hot griddle.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 885mg | Potassium: 195mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 4.4mg