Chicken Brown Rice Meal Prep
Chicken brown rice meal prep is one of the easiest, healthy, budget friendly recipe. Buttery lemony herbed chicken with stir fried crunchy vegetables and cilantro lemon brown rice all fixed in 30 minutes. Yes, you read it right, all in 30 minutes!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 21/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 1 cup zucchini (round slices)
- 1 cup baby tomatoes (halved)
- 3 lemons (freshly squeezed juice)
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 10 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 4 lemon(or lime) wedges
- salt to taste
Cook brown rice until nice and fluffy. Check out how to cook rice in instant pot. Once cooked keep aside to cool.
Add juice of 1 lemon, salt to taste and ½ cup chopped cilantro into rice. Give it a gentle mix.
Marinate chicken breasts with lemon juice, salt to taste, pepper powder, Italian seasoning. Mix well and let it sit in fridge until use.
In a pan heat an teaspoon oil. Stir fry broccoli florets seasoned with little salt for about 2 minutes or so. Remove from pan on to a plate.
Stir fry zucchini slices in the same pan for a minute or so. Remove zucchini on to a plate.
Throw in the baby tomatoes and let it blister in the pan, takes about a minute depending on the heat of the pan.
Add the butter and remaining olive oil. Arrange marinated chicken breasts in the pan. Add minced garlic on sides of the pan. Cook chicken on both sides until seared well. Remove from pan once cooked, let it cool. Slice.
Portion chicken, rice, vegetables between 4 storage containers. Top it with some more cilantro leaves.
Serve immediately, or cover tightly with lids and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Nutritional values mentioned here are for the entire meal.
- Make sure you marinated chicken before. That way all you need next is about 20 minutes to cook chicken.
- Use boxes that have air tight lids and the boxes have to be refrigerator friendly and microwaveable. The idea is to store the meals in a box that you can carry and eat from the same box after microwave heating.
- Again, I do not recommend storing them in freezer.
Calories: 882kcal | Carbohydrates: 108g | Protein: 66g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 378mg | Potassium: 2432mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2988IU | Vitamin C: 344mg | Calcium: 254mg | Iron: 6mg