You really can't go wrong with truffles, especially when they're Chocolate + Rum. Christmas Rum Truffle Balls made from biscuits is perfect last minute Christmas treat recipe! It’s very simple to make and guaranteed to wow your guests at the Christmas party.
1. Pulse or grind walnuts and biscuits separately in a food processor. Keep aside.
2. Melt dark chocolate in microwave at high power for 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds.
3. Whisk caster sugar to melted chocolate.
4. Add ground walnuts and biscuits to melted chocolate and whisk well.
5. Mix in vanilla extract and rum into the mixture.
6. Add honey and whisk well.
7. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
8. Scoop out small portions of truffle mix, roll tight and coat in any or all of the truffle coating mentioned in the list above.