Christmas Rum Truffle Balls
You really can't go wrong with truffles, especially when they're Chocolate + Rum. Christmas Rum Truffle Balls made from biscuits is perfect last minute Christmas treat recipe! It’s very simple to make and guaranteed to wow your guests at the Christmas party.
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 5 packs Vanilla Biscuits
- 1.3 cup Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Rum (you can adjust the quantity as preference)
- 1/2 cup Honey
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut Powder
- Pistachio Sand (optional)
- Beetroot Powder (optional)
1. Pulse or grind walnuts and biscuits separately in a food processor. Keep aside.2. Melt dark chocolate in microwave at high power for 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds.3. Whisk caster sugar to melted chocolate.4. Add ground walnuts and biscuits to melted chocolate and whisk well.5. Mix in vanilla extract and rum into the mixture.6. Add honey and whisk well.7. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.8. Scoop out small portions of truffle mix, roll tight and coat in any or all of the truffle coating mentioned in the list above.9. Serve
- Leave out the rum from the recipe if making treat for kids.
- I have used walnuts, pecans, almonds will work too.
- If you want sugar-free rum balls use double the quantity of honey mentioned in the ingredients list.
- These can be stored in refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Calories: 3554kcal | Carbohydrates: 464g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 174g | Saturated Fat: 63g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 2230mg | Fiber: 32g | Sugar: 398g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Calcium: 291mg | Iron: 31.2mg