A common and a delicious dish from the streets of China.The Vegetarian Spring rolls is a classic Chinese dish made from wrappers filled with stir fried vegetables. I have kept the filling for the spring rolls really simple, you can experiment and use any vegetables, sprouts, meat(cooked and shredded). The crunchy and delicious taste of these rolls makes it perfect to serve for parties.
Veg spring roll recipe –
Spring roll wrappers 10
Onion thinly sliced – 1 medium
Carrots cut into thin strips – 2 medium
Green capsicum cut into thin strips- 1/2
Cabbage finely shredded – 1/2 small
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
For the paste-
Maida/Allp purpose flour – 3 tablespoons
Water as required to make paste
1. To make the stuffing, heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok. Add onion, carrots, capsicum, cabbage and toss.
2. Add pepper powder, salt and soy sauce and mix. Cook until veggies are softened and almost cooked. Take the wok off the heat and set aside to cool.
3. Make a paste of maida with 2 tbsps water.Set aside.
4. Spread the spring roll wrappers on the work top. Divide the stuffing into 10 portions and place a portion on one side of each wrapper. Fold in the edges and roll tightly. Refer to pictures.
6. Gently slide into the hot oil and deep fry till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Cut into smaller pieces(if required) and serve.