Vegetarian rice paper rolls (summer rolls) with amazing Thai mango dipping sauce is Simple, refreshing no cook meal that is perfect for summer days. It’s all healthy and nutrients loaded that you don’t want to pass on.
So the same kind of funny logic applies to food as well, I guess. Sometimes we say we LOVE “Thai cuisine” but haven’t been to Thailand at all and we hardly know the entire facts and history of that particular cuisine. “You haven’t really experienced Thai food? How could you say you love it?” If that is the question that comes to mind, bother not much. You simply just enjoy your food. 😀
While shopping for my weekly vegetables I got a lot of fresh vibrant veggies. I had to pick them up, it was hard to resist fresh veggies anywhere I go. Got some Thai rice paper rolls and made these fresh summery Thai rice paper rolls. I am a big sucker for spring rolls, even the fried ones.
But it’s hard to get a decent spring rolls and I have tried a lot of Chinese restaurants here. Out of the whole lot, just ONE restaurant served the perfect spring roll, the one that was rolled and fried just perfect, with that perfect amount of crunch and not soaked in oil bath at all.
Decided to try homemade summer rolls.
Before we head over to Thai summer paper rolls do check out our other favorite Thai recipes – Thai Potato Pumpkin Curry. , Thai Pumpkin Soup, Thai Butternut Squash Curry,Spicy Thai Basil Chicken, Thai Panang Chicken Curry.
Rice Paper Rolls
Rice paper rolls with fresh veggies and not deep fried? Yes please! I can go for a whole plate full. Thai spring roll with Thai mango dipping sauce was to die for. Not just it looks pretty but tastes to light, fresh and delicious. And that Thai mango dipping sauce – I could go swimming in it. If only the pool was filled with this Thai mango dipping sauce, I would be in it whole day! 😀
Hungry for more refreshing mango recipes? Check these out:
Homemade Fresh Rice Paper Rolls with Thai Mango Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup fresh vegetables cut into thin strips I used carrots, red capsicum, green zucchini, yellow zucchini, purple cabbage
- 6 Thai rice paper
- 6 leaves lettuce
For Thai mango dipping sauce
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes or fresh Thai chili
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon fresh Thai basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- To prepare Thai mango dipping sauce – remove skin on mangoes and cut the pulp into small cubes. Puree it in blend and keep aside. In a food processor put all the ingredients mentioned under the list “For Thai mango dipping sauce” and pulse it. Add the mango puree and pulse again. Remove into a small dipping bowl and keep aside.
- Dip the rice sheet in warm water for 5 to 10 seconds and remove it immediately. Carefully place it on a flat surface. Place the lettuce leaf first and then start arranging the vegetable strips on one side of the sheet and on one top of the other. Then carefully start rolling the sheets, lift the sides of the sheet and roll, tuck the 2 sides inside as you roll, roll as tight as possible without ripping the paper. It may take a few tries but you should get the hang of it after the second one.
- Once rolled place the rolls covered in aluminum foil to keep the rolls from drying out.
- Repeat the same process for all the sheets.
- Serve immediately with Thai mango dipping sauce