For the month of September We knead to bake challenge, Aparna from Mydiversekitchen gave us a challenge to make you own pizza at home. She gave us full control on our pizza recipe. I was all thrilled to make shrimp pizza and wanted to try out something new, so can the idea of making a different crust pizza. My options were cauliflower crust, zucchini crust. I chose zucchini cause I love them.
I made these pizza over a Friday for weekend celebration :D. We all loved the pizza, though only I ate the Zucchini crust pizza(don’t have any other fan at home for Zucchini :P)
So here’s the step wise recipe for Shrimp pizza with both zucchini crust and dough crust.
For Zucchini crust pizza–
Zucchinis – 2 medium sized (grated)
Eggs – 2(only the yolks)
Parmesan cheese ((or mozzarella or cheddar, grated) – 1 cup
A dash of sea salt and pepper
For normal pizza base(dough crust):
Luke warm water – 1 1/2 cups
Active dry or instant yeast – 1 teaspoon
All-purpose flour – 4 cups
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Sugar – 1 tablespoon
Olive oil – 1/4 cup
For Topping –
Olive Oil – 4 Tbsp, divided
Shrimp – 300 gms uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
pinch of salt and black pepper
Garlic cloves – 5 nos crushes
Onion – 1 medium, thinly sliced
cherry tomatoes – 1 cup, halved
Jalapenos – 1 no, chopped(I also used red fresh chillies along with jalapenos for color)
Bell peppers(Yellow and red) – 1/2 each.
Dried oregano – 1/4 tspn
Pizza sauce – 3-4 tbspn
Mozzarella cheese(or Parmesan cheese) – 2 cups shredded
Few fresh basil leaves
Method of Preparation:-
First we will prepare the toppings and keep them ready-(Once ready divide them into 2 halves, one half to be used for zucchini base pizza, another half for dough base pizza)
1.Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper, then add to the skillet. Saute for one minute, then flip shrimp and saute until the shrimp is just seared on both sides. Remove and transfer shrimp to a separate plate.
2. Add an additional 2 Tbsp. oil to the skillet(I used a different pan here as I sauted the Shrimps on tawa). Add onions and saute for another 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic and saute for one minute. Then add tomatoes, bell pepper. Then add jalepenos and fresh red chillies, salt and mix. Reduce heat to medium-low, and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Add egg yolk, cheese, salt, dried oregano and pepper to the bowl and mix until a dough like texture forms.
3. Grease a non stick pizza pan with coconut oil or butter and spread out the dough on the pan. It should be thin, about 1 inch thick(I used parchment paper and put the zucchini crust on top of it, and baked the crust, later it was painful to remove the parchment paper away from the crust, so I suggest to just grease the pan very well and make the zucchini crust)
5. Take out the Zucchini pizza crust from the oven.
1. Place the Zucchini crust pizza on well greased pizza pan, sprinkle cheese. Then drizzle pizza sauce on top of cheese.
For dough base pizza crust-
1. Add yeast, sugar in a bowl and pour luke warm water and let it sit for 5 minutes until the yeast starts bubbling. If the yeast doesn’t react discard it and start another batch.
4. Place the dough onto the bowl used for kneading, and cover it with a damp cloth. Set it aside for 1 – 1.5 hours, for the dough to prove. After 1-1.5 hours dough would have risen and it would be double the size.
5. Once the dough is proven, knock down the down(punch it with your fist), this is done to release all the air that would have collected. Gently knead for another 2 mins and pizza dough is ready to use.
Serve them warm for lunch or dinner. Add this exotic delicious shrimp pizza to your party menu.