Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and if you are looking for a perfect treat for your valentine(husband, wife, children, friends…anyone can be your valentine)! Brownies are one of the best Valentine’s day special dish. And if they are Red in color, then it’s most than perfect, isn’t it!? So here’s a perfect heart shaped Red Velvet Brownies for you to celebrate your Valentine’s day. These taste amazing with the addition of the cream cheese swirl and they look beautiful too! You don’t celebrate Valentine’s day? No problem, just make these brownies for your special ones any time and make him/her feel happy and special. Enjoy!
For this week’s Bake Along Challenge #61, Subhashini gave us this wonderful and Valentine’s Day special recipe, Red Velvet Cream Cheese brownies. They just don’t look incredible, but they taste delicious!
Here’s Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownie Recipe for your Valentine.
Recipe is from Subhashini’s Fondbites Space
All-purpose flour – 1 1/2 cups
Granulated white sugar – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – 1.5 tablespoons, sifted
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Baking powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Eggs – 1
Flavorless Vegetable/cooking oil – 1/2 cup
Milk – 2 tablespoons, divided,
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tablespoon
Red food colouring – 1/2 tablespoon
White vinegar – 1 teaspoons
For Cream cheese layer-
Home made Cream cheese – 100 gms
Granulated white sugar – 1/3 cup
Eggs – 1
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoons
Method of Preparation:-
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C. Line up your 8 inch x 8 inch square baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Ina bowl sift to gather the dry ingredients – flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, baking powder.
3. In another bowl add eggs and whisk well. Now add 1 tbspn of milk, vanilla essence, vinegar and red food color, whisk.
4. Take the liquid mixture and pour into the dry mixture. Mix gently using the spatula until everything combines together. It will be a thick consistency.
5. Divide the batter into 2, 1 part with 3/4 cup of batter and another with 1/4 cup. To 1/4 cup batter add the remaining 1 tablespoon of milk into it. Mix well using spatula until it combines to a smooth batter. Keep aside.
6. The brownie batter will have thick consistency. Pour this into the prepared baking tray and spread it out evenly.
7. Add cream cheese into the bowl. Beat using hand beater until it becomes soft and fluffy.
8. To cream cheese add sugar and beat for few more minutes until they turn soft and fluffy and will be pale in color.
9. Next to cream cheese add the egg and beat. Finally add vanilla and beat until combined.
11. Scoop out the thinned down brownie batter that was kept aside, and put it on top of the cream cheese layer leaving gaps in between them.
12. Form swirls pattern on the top using a tooth pick. Do not over do. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes until the top is not bubbly anymore and the sides have started to brown.(Do not bake it too brown)
13. Cool on wire rack. Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares. Use heart shaped cookie cutter to cut them out or cut them into square shapes.
14. Cover brownies and store at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 6 days. – Enjoy!