When mangoes are in season mango rice is a must in my kitchen. I never miss the chance to make mango rice. It’s one of those simple recipes which can be prepared in a jiffy. Grate mangoes and carrots and then saute them with few other ingredients and mix rice. This will be a perfect lunch box recipe and the color full , flavor full rice will be kids favorite too. Do try it and enjoy it at home 😀
Here’s raw mango carrot rice recipe-
Cooked Rice – 2 cups
Raw Mango – 1 mango, grated
Carrots – 2 small, grated
Onions – 1 large, finely chopped
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Green Chillies – 3-4 nos(use as per requirement)
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
Urad dal – 2 tbspn
Channa dal – 2 tbspn
Mustard seeds – 1 tspn
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tbspn
Roasted white sesame seeds(til) – 3 tbspn
Fried peanuts – 3 tbspn
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and wait until it crackles. Next add urad dal and channa dal and fry till golden in color.
2. Now add onions, green chilies, curry leaves and saute until onions turn translucent.
3. Next add grated raw mango, carrots, salt and turmeric powder and mix well. Cook for 3-5 minutes on medium low flame.
4. Add cooked rice and mix with gentle hands until all rice is coated with the mango-carrot mix.
5. Finally add roasted sesame seeds and fried peanuts, mix again. Garnish with coriander leaves(I did not use coriander leaves).
6. It is served best with papad, roasted potatoes, roasted plantain. A simple lunch is served!