Bhuna Gosht is a traditional Indian recipe of a delicious classic lamb curry. Mutton pieces cooked in spicy onion tomato gravy with the flavor of freshly ground spices and is slow cooked.This recipe involves pan frying the meat with spices. The meat cooks in its own juices, which is what gives the deep flavor. It is a bit time consuming, but the end result is delicious. Cook the mutton without water to get a semi gravy consistency.
Here’s mutton bhuna ghost recipe
4 large onions, chopped
2 tbsp of oil
2 tsp of red chilli powder
1 tsp of garam masala
Salt as per taste
2 tsp of dhaniya powder (coriander powder)
2 tsp of jeera powder (cumin seed powder)
2 large tomatoes, pureed
4 large tomatoes chopped
125g of fresh yogurts
4 tbsp of garlic-ginger paste
3 nos cardamoms
2 inch piece cloves
2-3 cinnamon sticks
2 bay leaves
coriander leaves, chopped (for garnish)
Method of preparation:-
1. Heat oil in a pan, put a bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon. Add onions and saute until they turn golden brown.
2. Add mutton pieces(cleaned and washed) and fry it till it change its colour.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and fry until raw smell of the pastes is gone.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and fry till tomatoes turn soft and mushy. Next add tomato puree and cook until raw smell of the tomatoes are gone.
5. Add coriander powder, red chilie powder, jeera powder and salt, mix well. Whisk curd and add it the mutton. Mix well.
6. Simmer the flame and cook for 30-40 mins or till it is done.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves, and add garam masala. Mix well. Serve hot with phulkas, naan, or even jeera rice. Delicious.
Comments & Reviews
Dolphia Nandi-Arnstein says
Mouth Watering Recipe! I want some
Thank you Dolphia! Wish I could send some to you! 😉