Pita burger served with grilled chicken patties and feta cheese along with carrot slaw all in pita bread. With wonderful Moroccan spices and pita bread substituted for regular burger buns it’s definitely unique way of serving burger!
Right now, the city I live in is beautiful! The roads are mesmerizing filled with gorgeous colors. Many trees bare no leaves at all, but they are crowded with beautiful flowers, which keeps changing colors. I don’t want this season to end. The colors on the road makes me happy even if I have a crowded traffic jam in front. It just feels right to be out on the road just to immerse myself in all the gorgeous colors. The colors changes every few miles and it’s just breath taking view!
Temperature is soaring high and we need a lot of light dishes to keep the tummy happy. No matter what cook, taste and flavor cannot be compromised. Just like this Moroccan chicken burger which gets it’s inspiration from FINE COOKING. Unlike the usual burgers where bun is the main ingredient, this Moroccan style burger has mini pita bread. Perfectly grilled chicken patty with hung curd and carrot slaw tastes light, refreshing and absolutely delicious! Yeah it’s Moroccan chicken burger for you guys!
For more Moroccan inspired dishes, check these out –
This Moroccan chicken pita burger with grilled chicken patty stuffed inside small pita bread which is slathered with little hung curd along with carrot slaw and feta cheese is one of the best burgers. Instead of regular burger buns, Moroccan use their traditional buns – pita bread to make this delicious burgers. The combination of Moroccan style carrot slaw and crumbled feta cheese is heavenly. Try it and you will know it.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN BURGERS WITH FETA AND CARROT
For chicken patty
- 400 grams minced chicken
- 1 large onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tspn pepper powder
- 1 lime
- little oil for brushing
- salt to taste
For the burger
- 4 small pita bread
- Few lettuce leaves
- 4 tablespoon hung curd
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
For Carrot slaw
- 3 large carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 lime
- salt to taste
Making the patties -
- Into minced chicken add finely chopped onions, mint leaves, grated ginger, minced garlic, paprika, cumin powder, pepper powder, salt, harissa and lime juice. Mix well until combined. Divide into 4 equal portions. Shape into 1 inch thick patty. Keep aside.Heat up your grill. Brush oil over the grill and place the chicken patty over the hot grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on one side and then flip to cook on other side. Make sure chicken is cooked through and browned well. Remove the patty from grill.
For carrot slaw –
- Cut carrots into thin strips. Add olive oil, pepper powder, salt and lime juice. Mix well.
Assembling burger -
- Lightly grill the pita bread. Cut the pita bread in the middle from one end and leave the other ends intact. Smear hung curd inside the pita bread. Place few lettuce leaves and the chicken patty. Spoon some carrot slaw other the grilled chicken patty and crumble some feta cheese. Serve.
- To the carrot slaw you can add few teaspoons of black raisins for that Moroccan authentic touch.
- Serving these burger in pita bread gives it a more Moroccan touch. It's best when served in small pita bread.