Last leg of mango season and I still have so many more mango recipes to try! The king of fruits is about to say goodbye.As the mango season enters its fag end, I’m thronging the market to buy more mangoes and wish to try more recipes using mangoes.
Shrikhand is a Indian dessert made from hung curd. It’s very popular in Maharastrian and Gujarati cuisine. Amarkhand is mango puree blended with hung curd along with cardamom powder.
Amarkhand is an exotic dessert that is very easy to make and tastes delicious. Mind you it’s very addictive too. You just can’t stop eating it.
I love summer, who doesn’t right! One of the reason I long for summer are mangoes. This year I totally went gaga over mangoes. I had ball of a time experimenting with this humble fruit and tried out so many dishes using mangoes.
Summer went like a breeze and I’m missing it already! Mangoes will be gone in a very short time. Before mangoes disappear, I wanted to try a few more recipes using mangoes. Amarkhand was one such recipe which was on my to-do list for a very long time. Finally had a chance to make it. Entire family enjoyed it and it was over in a jiffy after I finished shooting. We all licked the bowl clean…:P it’s that good!
Here’s mango shrikhand recipe-
Mango puree – 1 ½ cup
Hung curd – ¾ cup
Sugar – 4-5 tbspns(if needed if your mangoes are not sweet)
Cardamom powder – 1 tbspn(reduce if you don’t like cardamom flavor)
1. Remove skin of the mangoes and chop the flesh into small pieces. Puree them in a blender into smooth mix.
2. Hand yogurt in a clean muslin/cheese cloth and hang it for minimum 6-7 hours. You can even hang it over night. To avoid curd turning sour, hang it inside the fridge.
3. Add hung curd, cardamom powder and sugar if adding into the mango puree. Whisk it until all the ingredients blend very well, or you could also pulse in a blender until well combined.
4. Mango shrikand is ready. Chill for few hours.
5. Serve them chilled along with pistachios and almonds. Enjoy!
You could also add some chopped mango pieces as garnish.
Comments & Reviews
This is awesome. Wish I could have bowl dear. Love your presentation always 🙂
Thank you very much Kushi.. <3
Linda @ Veganosity says
I just bought a case of mangoes yesterday and thought of you! I’ll have to try this delicious dip with coconut yogurt. Thanks Jyothi!
That’s sweet of you dear Linda!.. I hope you try this with coconut yogurt…it’s going to be yum!
shrikhand is my favourite dessert , looking yummy jyothi….
Thank you very much Shailaja. I love Shrikhand too 🙂