Panna cotta is a cold Italian dessert made with double cream, often served with caramel syrup. Mango Panna Cotta is mango puree and cooked cream set together to form this beautiful dessert.
Here how to make mango panna cotta-
1 large Mango pureed
Sugar – ~1/2 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Cream – 2 cups
Gelatin – 20 gms(~ 1 sheet)
1. Peel the skin of mango and chop the flesh of mango into cubes. Puree it in a blender.
2. In a non-stick or heavy bottomed pan heat milk, cream and sugar on low flame until the mixture comes to a boil.
3. In another bowl add gelatin to 50 ml water place it on stove and stir it until all the gelatin dissolves.
4. Reserve about 4 tbspn of mango puree and 2 spoons of gelatin mixture
5. Add mango puree to the gelatin mixture and stir well with a whisk until the mixture blends well. allow it to cool down.
6. Spoon the panna cotta mixture into glass or bowls and set it in freezer for about 2-3 hours.
7. Store the mango puree in the fridge, I made gelatin for mango puree(2 tspns that is mentioned in step 4) after the panna cotta had set in freezer for 3 hours. Mix the mango puree and gelatin and spoon it over already set panna cotta and allow it to set it in freezer for couple of more hours, it took me 5-6 hours to set.
8. Spoon some mango pieces on top of the panna cotta along with a colorful cherry just before serving. Serve chill