If you are looking for a healthy breakfast/dinner dish and want to make it in a jiffy, then this humble wheat dosa is perfect one for you. There is no soaking, no grinding, no fermenting, no waiting…all you do is mix the flours add veggies if your prefer and make dosas, relish it. A perfect recipe for those lazy days where you dont want to spend time cooking and you want to eat healthy.
Here’s instant wheat dosa recipe-
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Rice flour – 1 cup
Sooji(semolina) – 2 tbspns
Ragi flour – 2 tbspn
Salt to tast
Coriander leaves – 2-3 tbspsn(finley chopped)
Water as required
Onions – 1(finely chopped)
Green chillies – 2(finely chopped)(adjust as per requirement)
Oil – 2 tspns
Mustard seeds – 1 tspn
Cumin seeds – ½ tspn
curry leaves – 1 sprig
Method of preparation:-
1. In a bowl take all the flour and salt mix well and using water make it to a medium thick like dosa batter.
2. In a pan heat oil. Add mustard seeds, when they start to crackle, add cumin seeds, onions, curry leaves and saute for 2 mins until onions turn translucent.
3. Add this tempered ingredients to the batter along with chopped coriander leaves and mix well. You can add grated veggies like carrot, cabbage, cauliflower or even spinach..
4. Heat a tawa , i used my non stick tawa. With a ladle pour the batter from the edges towards the center and smear some oil around it.
5. Let the base becomes golden or crisp. flip and cook the other side.
6. when both the sides are cooked, remove the dosa from the pan. prepare all the dosas this way.
7. serve hot with spicy tomato chutney.