Stained Glass Christmas cookies are showstoppers during Christmas. The stained glass effect is a classic. These cute and delicate cookies are a must for the holiday season. The design options are endless and you can mix and match your cookie cutter to achieve some beautiful effects and patterns.
Here’s sEggless Stained Glass Cookies recipe adapted from Lincyscookart
Room Temperature Butter – 1/2 cup
Caster sugar – 3/4 cup
Milk – 3 tbpsn
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tspn
Flour – 2 cups (Plus extra for dusting)
Baking powder – 1/2 tspn
Salt – 1/4 tspn
Candies(I used candies from lollipop) – 1 packet or different colors
Method of preparation:-
1. Separate the candies based on their colors. Put different colors in separate zip lock bag and crush them into pieces. Repeat for all colors and Keep aside.
2. In a bowl add room temperature butter and beat until loosened. Add sugar and beat until fluffy and creamy.
3. Add vanilla extract and milk and beat again until combined.
5. Add the flour to butter mixture in 3 parts and beat until just combined after each addition. Do not over beat.
6. Transfer the mixed dough to a clean surface sprinkled with flour. Mix well until the dough comes to gather. Roll the dough into disc shape, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate it for minimum 30 mins.
8. Remove the dough from fridge, roll it into 1/4 inch thickness and transfer the rolled dough on to the baking tray and then cut, this will help is retaining the shape of the cut cookies.
9. Cut the cookies into desired shapes. First using a big cutter cut the cookies and then use the smaller cutter and cut the middle of the cookies. Using a small round icing nozzle punch a hole at the top edge of all the cookies, this will be used to pass the thread over it and hang later on(if you plan to use these cookies are Christmas Ornaments to decorate Christmas tree).
12. Remove them from oven and let it rest in tray for 5 mins(if you try to remove from tray at this point, the cookies will break). remove them from the tray. If you plan to use them as decorating ornaments, tie with thread and hang on the Christmas tree , Store in airtight containers.
A colorful treat to end Christmas 😀