You really can’t go wrong with truffles, especially when they’re Chocolate + Rum. Christmas Rum Truffle Balls made from biscuits is perfect last minute Christmas treat recipe! It’s very simple to make and guaranteed to wow your guests at the Christmas party.
Have you been busy this holiday season that you couldn’t find time to bake all those delicious “must-have” Christmas cookies and cakes this year? So Christmas is just a day away. And if you are feeling bad about not been able to whip up all those delicious Christmas special treats just like me, then I got something to cheer you up guys!
I’ve been busy with so many things on personal front past few weeks that I couldn’t really bake all the delicious Christmas treats that I had planned to. But this morning I decided to bring the Christmas spirit on. Made rum balls for us and friends to gift. Also made a batch of it without the alcohol kids treat.
Looking for easy Christmas treat with less effort to make?
Here you go
Christmas rum truffle balls are great for holiday gatherings and parties and also make a wonderful edible gift for Christmas. The best part these can be made in no time. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all you lovely people. C-H-E-E-R-S!!!
Watch quick video on how to make these Christmas rum truffle balls –
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 5 packs Vanilla Biscuits
- 1.3 cup Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Rum (you can adjust the quantity as preference)
- 1/2 cup Honey
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut Powder
- Pistachio Sand (optional)
- Beetroot Powder (optional)
1. Pulse or grind walnuts and biscuits separately in a food processor. Keep aside.
2. Melt dark chocolate in microwave at high power for 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds.
3. Whisk caster sugar to melted chocolate.
4. Add ground walnuts and biscuits to melted chocolate and whisk well.
5. Mix in vanilla extract and rum into the mixture.
6. Add honey and whisk well.
7. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
8. Scoop out small portions of truffle mix, roll tight and coat in any or all of the truffle coating mentioned in the list above.
- Leave out the rum from the recipe if making treat for kids.
- I have used walnuts, pecans, almonds will work too.
- If you want sugar-free rum balls use double the quantity of honey mentioned in the ingredients list.
- These can be stored in refrigerator for 2 weeks.
PIN THIS TO YOUR CHRISTMAS RECIPE BOARD