Making KFC style chicken nuggets at home is no big deal. The perfect nuggets which are super crispy on the outside and soft inside are really easy to make. Homemade nuggets always scores better than the one you pick it from any joints, agree?
You want to bake it, yes you can do that as well. But I tried the KFC style – deep fried. These chicken nuggets turn juicy and not dry at all!
The crunch you get is from panko bread crumbs. You will not be able to get that crispy look and texture with normal bread crumb. So I highly recommend you use only panko bread crumbs.
Read the recipe to find out how to make perfect chicken nuggets every time at home.
For marinating chicken
300 grams boneless chicken breast, cleaned, washed and cut into 2 inch cubes
5 tablespoon buttermilk
Salt to taste
1 ½ teaspoon pepper powder
4 tablespoon all purpose flour (maida)
2 eggs (beaten)
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup cornflakes (powdered)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon pepper powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon paprika
Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl add chicken buttermilk salt and pepper powder, mix well. Cover and marinate it in fridge for 3 to 4 hours. Then remove from fridge and drain off excess buttermilk.
- Place all purpose flour on a wide flat plate. Beat eggs and place it in a bowl. In a wide bowl mix panko bread crumbs, corn flakes powder, oregano, salt, paprika, pepper powder, garlic powder, onion powder and mix well.
- In a wide pan heat oil for deep frying.
- Remove a piece of chicken and first coat it with flour, then dip it in egg and then coat with panko bread crumb mix. Repeat this all the chicken pieces.
- Once oil is hot, reduce flame to medium and drop the coated chicken pieces in oil, few pieces at a time making sure you don’t over crowd the oil. Deep fry until golden brown on all side. Once cooked, remove from oil and drain it on paper towel.
- Serve hot with any sauce or dip of your choice.