Chicken Kofta curry or meat ball curry is chicken keema cooked in Indian spices with onion-tomato gravy! Soft kofta pieces made out of minced chicken and masalas, cooked in a curry robust with flavors. It’s one my favorite curry recipe.
Here’s my chicken kofta curry recipe
To make chicken koftas, Click here for the recipe.
For the gravy-
Onions – 2 nos medium sized
Tomatoes – 3 nos medium sized
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 ¼ tbspn
Green chillies -2-3 nos slit(adjust as per requirement)
Red chilli powder – 2 tbspn(adjust as per requirement)
Coriander powder – 1 tbspn
Turmeric powder – 1 tspn
Cinnamon – 1 small piece
Cloves – 4 nos
Salt to taste
Oil – 3 tbspn
Water – as required
Method of preparation:-
1. First prepare chicken meat balls/chicken koftas. Click here for the recipe.
2. Blend onions and tomatoes seperately to a paste/puree without adding water. Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a wide pan. Add cloves and cinnamon sticks to hot oil. Next add onion paste and cook it until raw smell of onions disappears. This might take approximately 12-15 mins on medium flame. It’s very important to cook onion paste fully, else the curry will have raw smell and taste to it.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell disappears. Add tomato puree and cook until oil separates from the sides of the pan.
5. Add green chillies and mix. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well.
6. Add deep fried kofta balls, mix. Add water depending on the consistency of the curry required. Check for seasoning. Let it simmer for good 15-20 mins.
7. Chicken kofta curry is ready. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice, chapathis, rotis, dosa, idli, idiyappam.. SIMPLE and YUMMY!