I have been fascinated by the word, Cake pops. Every time I come across them, I feel excited to try it. My daughter loves them. These cake pops are so adorable that any body will love them not just kids :).
Today on the eve of children’s day I finally decided to make these cake pops for my daughter and wanted to surprise her with these cute little cake pops when she returned from school. These pops are perfect for kids birthday party, and believe me you will love it not just because it looks cute but it’s damn easy to put it together! Try it, you’ll believe me. BTW, happy children’s day to all kiddos out there! 🙂
Any cake(left over, fresh cake, store bought) – 50 gm ( i used chocolate cake )
Condensed milk(or Any frosting)- 1- 2 tbsp (adjust)
Dark Chocolate/White chocolate(broken or grated) – around 70 gms
Vegetable oil – 1 – 2 tsp
Sprinkles / decorating
Lollipop sticks / skewer sticks
Method of preparation:-
1. Add the cake into a wide bowl and crumble it with your fingers gently. It will resemble like bread crumbs.
2. Add 1 tbspn of condensed milk at a time and mix well. If the mix is dry, add again 1 tbspn of condensed milk. You should be able to form a ball, till then add condensed milk little be little in steps, be careful not to add too much which will make the mix too soft and you wont be able to hold the shape.
3. Divide the cake mix into equal sized balls. Take a portion of the mix, press them tight inside your palm and then roll them into ball shapes.
4. Cover the balls and place them in freezer for 1-2 hours, this will firm up the pops.
5. Once the cake balls are firmed up you are ready to coat them with chocolate.
6. Grate or finely chop the chocolate. Melt the chocolate in double boiler method – Fill a saucepan with water and keep it on stove to heat.Take chocolate pieces in another bowl and place it inside / above the saucepan.There are a couple of things to be taken care while using double-boiler method. (i) There should be no moisture in the pan into which chocolate goes in. (ii) While boiling no water should enter from the sauce pan into the bowl used to melt chocolate. If water goes into the chocolate mix the chocolate will turn hard instead of melting.
7. Once chocolate melts add 1-2 tspn of oil into it, this will make melted chocolate thin that will help in easy coating of the pops.
8. Dip one end of the stick into the melted chocolate and insert gently to the cake balls. This will help the stick to adhere to cake balls. But do not pierce too deep or the cake ball may fall apart. Do for all the balls.
9. Now dip cake balls into chocolate coating. Swirl, rotate such that whole cake balls are covered well.Shake off gently to remove extra coating.
10. Before the coating dries off, quickly decorate the pops with sprinkles or any other decoration of your choice.
11. Stick the cake pops to thermocol board to allow them to dry.
12. Once the coating dries off and is set, serve them.
13. You can store them in fridge for a week. Cute, soft, adorable cake pops are perfect for not just for kids but for adults alike too :). Enjoy!