This is going to be difficult! What do I write? I sat in front of my laptop starring at that blinking cursor for about an hour. My mind was blank! or rather should I say I was lost! I was lost in that feeling when you get a little high after consuming a boozy dessert! It was a wonderful feeling, but at the same time confusing too! The thought, what should I write!?
Well, I don’t take drinks except for occasional wine or breezer, that too once in a year or once in 2 years when we party! Yesterday, I had a call from my hubby saying one of his friend might be coming home in the evening, asking me if I can make some thing for him! Since it was late and I had to make something quickly, I started looking for something really simple and easy to make. I stumbled on one of the pudding recipe and it was from non other than my fellow blogger friend, Richa Gupta! She had a easy microwave pudding recipe that can be whipped up in 8-10 minutes. The definitely looked perfect for me. So, I decided to make pudding along with few other stuffs for the guest!
When I was getting ready to make these, my attention went to a Irish cream bottle that had been lying in the kitchen corner for about 8 months now. When my hubby went to Norway 8 months back, he had bought a bottle of Bailey’s Irish cream which we planned to open when friends come over to our place for a party. Some how we all have been really busy and not many parties have been happening. The Irish cream stayed in the same place for past 8 months, without being touched! It was sure crying out to be used!
I love coffee. Coffee + chocolate = HEAVEN! Irish cream + coffee = Boozy HEAVEN. Irish cream + coffee + chocolate = ….i don’t know, may be ‘kick ass’. 😛 Pardon me for the language, I wanted to say is, IT IS DAMN GOOOOOOOOD!
It took me total 10 minutes to make these and I was so happy to see how gorgeous, shiny the pudding looked. The best part I didn’t even have to put them in the fridge for setting. The corn starch does it’s magic, they set quickly at room temperature. When the guest arrived after finishing the dinner I served these pudding, he and my hubby totally enjoyed it! I got a lot of praise for the dessert!
Since I had made only 3 cups of pudding last night and they got over, I couldn’t taste any. I decided to make a fresh batch, and also wanted to post it, so you my friend can make these serve it to your special ones or friends and enjoy these. You see all you need is 10 minutes!
This dessert is definitely adult dessert. Please do not feed these to your kids. And if you kid is behind your back for the dessert whip up one more batch without the baileys. And then you and your kid can sit down on couch and enjoy the dessert!
Recipe inspired from myfoodstory
1/4 cup good quality cocoa powder
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons coffee powder
1/3 cup boiling water
1 1/2 tablespoon Bailey’s Irish Cream
2 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
1 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
Fresh mint leaves or fresh fruits like strawberries, cherries
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add cocoa powder, sugar, salt and corn starch. Whisk them all to gather, keep aside.
2. To prepare coffee decogtion, in a coffee maker(Indian coffee maker) add coffee powder and pour boiling water into it. Once decogtion is ready, pour it into a bowl, add Irish cream, mix well.
3. Now pour the coffee Irish cream mix and milk into the cocoa powder mix. Whisk well until no lumps are left. Place the bowl in microwave and cook it for 8 minutes on high power. Take the bowl out every 2 minutes, whisk well and continue, this is very important step to get shiny evenly cooked chocolate pudding.
4. Pudding will turn thick and that indicates it’s fully cooked.
5. Remove from microwave and add the chocolate, butter and vanilla extract and start whisking immediately. Whisk until all chocolate melts in and you get a nice gloss on the pudding.
6. Pour these immediately into serving cups or shot glasses and let them set at room temperature.
7. Just before serving whisk some whipped cream, add a dollop of it on top, sprinkle some shaved chocolate and add mint leaves!
Serve it! Enjoy these boozy chocolate-y coffee dessert! It’s perfect for party dessert, St Patrick’s day dessert, Valentine’s day, Christmas dinner party dessert!