To all you chocolate pudding lovers, this is real treat! Microwave boozy coffee and chocolate pudding takes 10 minutes, that’s it! I love coffee. Coffee + chocolate = HEAVEN! Irish cream + coffee = Boozy HEAVEN. Irish cream + coffee + chocolate = ….i don’t know, may be ‘kick ass’. 😛 IT IS DAMN GOOOOOOOOD!
Have you had times when you sit down to write and your mind goes BLANK!? My mind was blank today! or rather should I say I was lost! I was lost in that feeling when you get a little high after consuming a boozy dessert! Haha. Yes, I get high with little alcohol, that’s me really!
Yesterday, Hubby calls me from office to say one of his friend might be coming home in the evening , and he wanted me to cook dinner for a friend! Since it was late and I had to make it real quickly, I started looking for options to have a meal and dessert that is really simple and easy to make. I stumbled on one of the chocolate pudding recipe and it was from non other than my fellow blogger, Richa Gupta of myfoodstoy! She had a easy microwave chocolate pudding recipe that can be whipped up in 8-10 minutes. It definitely sounded perfect to me. So, I decided to try simple homemade chocolate pudding, but added my own twist to create an amazing chocolate pudding dessert that is fit for adults!
I decided to go with coffee flavored boozy chocolate pudding.
A Irish cream bottle that had been lying in the kitchen corner for more than 3 months had caught my attention. When hubby went to Norway few months back, he had bought a bottle of Bailey’s Irish cream which we planned to open when friends come over for a party. Some how. all of us have been really busy and no parties have been happening at all. It was time to get the bottle out because we didn’t foresee any parties happening shortly(friends are travelling, some are busy).
Irish cream bottle got into good use anyways I think. It took me less than 10 minutes to make an amazing boozy coffee and chocolate pudding and I was so happy to see how gorgeous, shiny chocolate pudding turned out. The best part, I didn’t even have to put it in the fridge for setting. The corn starch does it’s magic, makes chocolate pudding set quickly at room temperature. So yay no more impatience waiting hours to dig into dessert.
Hubby and his friend appreciated me enough for serving what they called ‘kick ass chocolate pudding dessert!’
Since I had made only 3 cups of pudding last night , I couldn’t taste any. So I redid the recipe today just to shoot photos so I could share it with you all.
Boozy coffee and chocolate pudding dessert is definitely an adult dessert. And if your kids feels left behind, whip up one more batch without the baileys. So you and your kid can sit down on couch and enjoy the dessert! It doesn’t take much time at all.
How to Make Boozy Coffee and Chocolate Pudding
Start off to brew coffee. While coffee brews we can microwave rest of the ingredients.
In microwave safe bowl whisk together cocoa powder, sugar and corn starch.
Pro-Tip: Premium quality cocoa powder and premium chocolate results in best chocolate pudding. Don’t compromise on the quality.
Add Irish cream and fresh coffee and whisk again ensuring there are no lumps. Place the bowl in microwave and cook it for 8 minutes on high power. Take the bowl out every 2 minutes, whisk well and continue, this is very important step to get shiny evenly cooked chocolate pudding. Pudding will turn thick and that indicates it’s fully cooked.
Remove from microwave and add the chocolate, butter and vanilla extract and start whisking immediately. Whisk until all chocolate melts in and you get a nice gloss on the pudding. Pour these immediately into serving cups or shot glasses and let them set at room temperature.
Just before serving whisk some whipped cream, add a dollop of it on top, sprinkle some shaved chocolate and add mint leaves! Serve !
For all you pudding lovers, here are some more irresistible pudding recipes, just for you! Check them out-
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Microwave boozy coffee and chocolate pudding takes 10 minutes, that's it! I love coffee. Coffee + chocolate = HEAVEN! Irish cream + coffee = Boozy HEAVEN. Irish cream + coffee + chocolate = ....i don't know, may be 'kick ass'. 😛 IT IS DAMN GOOOOOOOOD!
- 1/4 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee powder
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Bailey's Irish Cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 cup milk room temperature
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chopped
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Whipped cream
- Shaved chocolate
- Fresh mint leaves or fresh fruits like strawberries cherries
- In a microwave safe bowl, add cocoa powder, sugar, salt and corn starch. Whisk them all to gather, keep aside.
- To prepare coffee decogtion, in a coffee maker(Indian coffee maker) add coffee powder and pour boiling water into it. Once decogtion is ready, pour it into a bowl, add Irish cream, mix well.
Now pour the coffee Irish cream mix and milk into the cocoa powder mix. Whisk well until no lumps are left. Place the bowl in microwave and cook it for 8 minutes on high power. Take the bowl out every 2 minutes, whisk well and continue, this is very important step to get shiny evenly cooked chocolate pudding.
- Pudding will turn thick and that indicates it's fully cooked.
- Remove from microwave and add the chocolate, butter and vanilla extract and start whisking immediately. Whisk until all chocolate melts in and you get a nice gloss on the pudding.
- Pour these immediately into serving cups or shot glasses and let them set at room temperature.
- Just before serving whisk some whipped cream, add a dollop of it on top, sprinkle some shaved chocolate and add mint leaves!
- Serve it! Enjoy these boozy chocolate-y coffee dessert! It's perfect for party dessert, St Patrick's day dessert, Valentine's day, Christmas dinner party dessert!