Much as I enjoy cooking, I don’t always want to make a meal of it! There are days when kids are at school and hubby at work and I have that luxurious “me” time, I try to laze expansively. I try to keep my food less complicated.
It’s all very straight forward really, I cook to suit my life, I blog what I cook. Over the years my cooking style has not changed much. But life evolves, and so do the recipes.
I believe that, you can make great food,with big flavors with just a few everyday ingredients. After buzzing with day to day activity, We all have a trusty list of comforting dishes we turn to when the weather changes or we need a little cheering up.
Stuffed mushrooms are amazing! The earthiness from the mushrooms, with delicious sausage filling will be welcomed by all, children and adults. You can even make these for any party starter and it makes for best finger food dish that is not just delicious but very healthy too. Roasting in oven and using very minimal cheese guarantees the health factor here.
I don’t eat bacon, nor do I feed it to my kids, but hubby is okay with it. So all of these stuffed mushrooms was served for him and what ever I have written is the feedback I got from him 😀
20 button mushrooms (use portabella if you can)
4 number Italian sausages
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon pepper powder
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon cream cheese
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon paprika powder
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon grated cheese (I used cheddar and Parmesan)
- Clean the mushrooms well. Wipe off any dirt on the mushrooms. Remove the stem and carefully scoop out the inside part. Keep aside.
- Mince the Italian sausages. In a bowl mix cream cheese, oregano, paprika powder, salt, pepper powder and mix well. Add the minced sausages and chopped parsley. Mix.
- Rub little oil all over the mushrooms. Sprinkle some salt and pepper all over the mushrooms.
- Place a teaspoon full the sausage cream cheese mix into the mushroom cavity. Fill as much as possible into the mushrooms. Now add little grated cheese over the mushrooms.
- Pre heat oven to 150 degree.
- Arrange the stuffed mushrooms over a baking tray. Bake it for 12 – 18 minutes or until the chicken in cooked and starts to brown and cheese is melted fully.
- Once cooked remove from oven and serve immediately.