Potato is my family favorite. Potato masala is a very simple and most common dish which is best for break fast side dish. It’s best paired with dosas, puris or even chapathis.
This recipe is a very common recipe and almost in all house hold the dish is made. I’m sharing this very basic recipe for those who haven’t tried the potato masala yet and would love to try it.
With no more talks, i’m heading straight to potato peas masala recipe
Potatoes – 4 large
Peas – 1/2 cup(frozen or fresh)
Onions – 1 large
Green chillies – 4 large, chopped
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Ginger – 1 tspn, finely chopped
Mustard seeds – 1 tspn
Urad dal – 1 tspn
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tbspn
Coriander leaves – finely chopped, for garnish(optional)
1. Boil potatoes, remove skin and keep aside. Cook peas keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds allow them to crackle.
4. Add turmeric powder, salt mix well.
5. Add cooked potatoes, peas and mix well. Add few tbsps of water mix well and let it cook. Cook until the masala is dry.
6. Serve hot with piping hot dosas, or puris, or chapathis. I could even eat it just like that as a salad.