Presenting to you all my second recipe in Mango Mania series. The word fro yo always excites me. I love to make fruit yogurt at home and that’s the only way to feed my daughter healthy fruit yogurt. The goodness of fresh mango fruit and yogurt is so much needed for your tummy during these hot summer days.
With summers on their peak, it’s time to devour more and more ice creams and frozen delights with seasonal fruits. While the temperature rises outside, who wants to be in kitchen heating stove and getting roasted? Step away from the stove, oven. I’ve got delicious dessert to keep you cool, no matter how high the mercury rises.
This is an easy mango frozen yogurt recipe which is perfect for this summer. It is simple yet really high on flavors and texture too. Because this has got fresh mangoes and thick luscious yogurt. The sweet and sour mango go so well with the thick yogurt.
The sweetness in the mangoes are just perfect enough , but you can add more sweetness and make it little guilt free too by using a healthier sweetener instead of using sugar. To get thick luscious mango fro yo I advise you to freeze mango pieces for few hours and use hung curd(to remove excess water from the curd).
Chop mangoes, blitz with hung curd, and enjoy! Isn’t that simple and easy!? Want be bold and experimental? Add some mint leaves or sweet basil leaves to the mangoes while you blitz. Top it with any berry sauce or chopped nuts.
Here’s no churn mango fro yo yogurt recipe-
Mango pulp – 1 cup
Hung curd(or Greek yogurt) – 3/4 cup
1. Remove the flesh of mango and chop them into cubes. Pop them into freezer for minimum 2 hours.
2. Take 1 cup of thick set curd in a muslin or cotton cloth. Hang it for minimum 2 hours to remove all the water from the curd.
3. Blitz frozen mango and hung curd until it forms a smooth texture. If you prefer to add sweetener add at this stage and blitz.
4. Transfer the mango yogurt mix into an aluminium container quickly. Cover with cling film loosely. Place in freezer for 3 – 4 hours to set.
5. Serve the scoops of frozen yogurt with mint leaves, Enjoy!