Chicken…you can’t go wrong with that. Saute it, curry it, fry it, bake it all tastes amazing and makes you want to reach out for more. The thing about chicken is you always have to remember to keep it moist and succulent. The trick to that is do not overcook the chicken. Just keep that in mind.
Many love fried chicken like my hubby, I do prefer to eat fried chicken occasionally and that too a piece or two, but I love chicken in my curries, chicken that is baked. The thing about baked chicken is you can indulge yourself in eating a piece or two more.
Baked chicken is one of the simplest ways to cook chicken without adding too much oil/fat. The flavoring in baked chicken is very simple. This tangy- garlicky flavored Lebanese Style Baked Chicken is a traditional Lebanese dish that includes potatoes in it. It’s a meal in itself.
Here’s my version of Lebanese style bakes chicken. All true Lebanese people – please be kind..this is my interpretation 😀
2 chicken thighs
4 medium potatoes cut into quarters
15 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
4 tablespoon fresh lime juice
4 tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon pepper powder
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon dried mint powder
Pinch of nutmeg powder
- Rinse chicken things well. Pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Cut the chicken thighs into two. Keep the leg piece whole. Make slits on both sides.
- Blend together garlic cloves, olive oil, pepper powder, salt, lime juice.
- Rub the blend juices over the chicken pieces.
- Rub all the spice powders well all over the chicken pieces.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet.
- Pre heat oven to 200 degree centigrade. Bake chicken pieces in oven for about 15 minutes. Baste the chicken at regular intervals with its own juices in between to keep it moist.
- Arrange potato quarters in between the chicken pieces.
- Pour all the oil-lemon juice mix. Throw in a few extra whole garlic into the baking sheet.
- Broil for 10 – 15 minutes until potatoes lightly browned and chicken is baked completely.
- Serve immediately.