Continuing my third recipe in Mango Mania series. Iced mango green tea makes a refreshing drink that you can sip it all summer long! Using ripe sweet mangoes takes usual green tea to whole new level.
Are you a person who’s obsessed with sipping green tea every single day? Then you MUST TRY this refreshing and very unique green tea which include mangoes in it. And if you say you are a person who is not fond of green tea as it’s flavor and taste is not very tempting to take a sip, then I say start with this iced mango green tea and I guarantee you will change you mind about green tea! 😀
A few days back I made up my mind to take green tea every single morning. Why? Well I really dont have to mention here the benefits of having green tea. So yes, I wanted to have green tea first thing in the morning as it is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that will have powerful effect on the body, with many incredible benefits, one of them being fat loss! At first I could not take it and the worst part I did not add even honey for sweeter and it was difficult to gulp it! 😛 Then I started adding honey and it was slightly better and I have been drinking it with honey everyday morning.
With mango mania series I wanted to experiment with iced mango green tea. Steep your tea and let it cool to room temperature. I used tulasi(Indian basil, cant get tulasi, no problem use sweet basil instead)organic green tea bags that I got it from an organic store. You can use any organic tea bags or powder or make your own green tea. I some times make my own green tea. Add water, tear tulasi leaves crush some ginger and add it to water. Boil it for 5 mins on low flame. Filer and add sweetener or drink as it is.
Adding mango enhances the flavor and taste of the green tea. Chop the mango flesh, pulse it to paste. Add it to green tea and then pass it through filter.
Garnish with fresh tulasi leaves, ice cubes, few cut mango pieces and finally stir in honey if required. Drink it or serve immediately! The goodness of green tea in whole new avatar! 😛
Here’s iced mango organic green tea recipe-
Green tea bags – 3-4nos.(I used tulasi green tea bags, use any green tea of your choice)
Ripe Mango(Alphonso) flesh – 1/2 cup
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Honey – 1 tspn(or adjust depending on the sweetness required, you can even avoid if you do not add sweetener to you green tea)
Ice cubes – 1/4 cup
Water – 1 cup
Fresh tulasi leaves – 1 few for garnish
1. Steep your green tea bags for 10-15 mins in boiling hot water. Crush ginger and add to the hot water. Then shut it off and cover it. the steam from the once boiled water when covered will steep the tea bag to it’s full flavor. Remove the tea bags and let the green tea cool down to room temperature.
2. Puree mango flesh into smooth paste.
3. Mix mango puree and green tea. Pass the mix through a filter.
4. Pour this mix into serving glasses. Add few fresh tulasi leaves, ice cubes and mango pieces.
5. Pour honey and mix well.
6. The result is a summery tea drink that is packed full of antioxidants, fruit and sweet flavor that you will not want to stop drinking.