Well, I call this fruit pops/popsicle and if you are wondering how much of fruit is in that pop, look close, it’s a big piece of Kiwi fruit coated in thin layer of chocolate. When I can cover something in chocolate and still know it’s healthy, then i’m in heaven. Well, you don’t need a recipe for this. It’s simple and straight forward. It’s literally a slice of kiwifruit that has been dipped in a very thin, but crispy coating of chocolate, that’s it! 😀 Simple pleasure, for healthy living.
Here’s how you make chocolate kiwi fruit pops
1. Peel the skin of kiwi fruit. Slice them into 1 inch thick rounds.
2. Insert carefully a popsicle stick into each round. Place them on freeer tray and place it in freezer for 15 mins. Freezing helps in getting a nice even, thin and crip coating.
3. Melt 1 cup chocolate (I used dark chocolate)plus 1.5 tspn of coconut oil in microwave or on double boiler and let it cool.(if you do not like the flavor of coconut oil, you can skip it)
4. Dip each kiwi fruit pop into the chocolate mix to get a thin coating, the chocolate coating will dry off almost immediately.
5. I gave an extra touch by drizzling white chocolate on the pops.
6. If serving the pops later, then place them back to the freezer. I could not resist, I hogged a few immediately and my daughter finished the rest of it all. I am one happy mom, my kid enjoyed her snack and I fed her something healthy 🙂 Tummy kush, mummy kush 😛